Guitar for Beginners and Improvers
- To have a basic understanding of guitar fundamentals.
- To have a basic understanding of chord theory and harmony.
- To be able to understand and read basic guitar notation (TAB).
- To be able to identify a a variety of of basic guitar scales.
- To be able to play a basic chord progression within a popular song.
This course will cover the fundamentals of the guitar for beginners whilst also giving guitarists in their early stages an in depth detailed insight into their instrument. We will cover a wide variety of aspects, from theory and harmony to fingerpicking techniques and learning the fundamentals of the guitar. We will test our aural skills and learn how to tune our guitar and all about basic guitar maintenance e.g re-stringing and keeping our guitar ‘happy’. lessons will consist of learning about good warm-up techniques, rhythmic exercises and basic scales. During the six weeks we will learn a variety of popular songs that will help us learn how to form chords, play basic melodies, riffs and more! This course aims support the student with their educational needs by offering further assistance by working with the student with helping their ‘personal’ progression e.g taking suggestions for songs to be delivered in lessons!